Your health means the world to your family. If you are constantly worrying about menopause. Or your periods are challenging your well-being? You should remember the only purpose of the Uterus is to give birth. If you are already a mother and do not wish to give birth again. Read about; Hysterectomy In Dubai & Abu Dhabi. And talk to one of our board-certified Gynecologists to help you enjoy a peaceful and healthy life.
What Is Hysterectomy?
This is a surgical treatment that is performed to remove the uterus. However, it does not necessarily mean, the ovaries must be discarded as well. Therefore, your hormonal functions such as; menopause symptoms or regular periods are not disturbed at all. But due to other health complications, a surgeon may cut off the ovaries after careful consideration. This would then become a major operation for Gynecological concerns to prevent or treat cancers.
What Are The Results?
After a complete recovery, you will feel relieved from all the stress-causing scenarios that were a natural part and process of your life. No more heavy periods will bother you anymore, you will go into menopause mode.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
If you are above the age of 50, and you find it difficult to carry on with persistent bleeding or pain due to cramps or other medical purposes such as; Fibroids, Hormonal Dysfunctions, or large Lumps due to heavy periods. You can consult a specialist, to sign you up for this surgery.
How To Prepare For The Treatment?
There are a number of safety precautions that ought to be taken beforehand. Below is a checklist, you must tick off before leaving for the hospital;
- Get yourself mentally and physically prepared for the operation. And run all the important errands, such as; groceries for a week, so you do not have to worry about your housekeeping duties.
- Furthermore, a few essential medications are prescribed to you to easily go through the healing process. Among these are; gas relief pills to help you prevent any gastric issues due to the surgical gas that is trapped inside your lungs or chest.
- Similarly, get yourself some mint gums or mouth fresheners. What these do is; stimulates the digestion system to wake up and work naturally.
- You are required to purchase some stool-softening pills that will cast off constipation.
- On top of that, you must be on a liquid diet prior to the big day. Get done with all the insurance formalities, and register your emergency contacts, just in case.
- Pack your bag with your personal and important items. You can also take some favorite snacks to munch on afterward.
- Last, but not least, take a nice long warm shower and shave off beforehand.
What Is The Procedure?
This is a precise and delicate surgery. Below is a step-by-step guide to enlighten you about the process;
- It is performed under general or regional anesthesia. The expected duration may last for a good one to three hours.
- A breathing tube is inserted through your mouth to the throat area; to help you breathe properly during the operation.
- A Catheter is placed inside the bladder. This will collect all the excessive blood drops and urine; to safeguard the hygiene of the patient.
- There are three ways to perform the method. It can be done by gaining access to the abdomen. A number of incisions are made on the tummy wall to get the job done.
- Another way is through the vagina; a special tool is inserted inside to stretch it and hold it open. The surgical tools are used to slide the uterus out.
- The final technique involves; a Laparoscopic-Assisted vaginal approach. Several small holes are made, these are also referred to as; ports. CO2 gas is pumped inside to blow up the space to view the internal organs clearly. The entire operation is held by looking through the computer screen.
- In the end, all the wounds are stitched closed. And a gauze packing is inserted inside to stop any excess bleeding.
- You are transferred to a recovery room to monitor your health. And are kept under observation for a night or two before getting discharged.
What Is Aftercare To Practise Safe Recovery?
You are placed under some specific and personalized restrictions. Below are a few important guidelines for you to heal smoothly.
- It takes several weeks to recover completely. Therefore, you must take your oral medications on time to prevent any discomfort.
- Practice breathing deeply, but you ought to be gentle and slow. This will allow you to mobilize the core of your muscles.
- After a good four to six weeks time, you should be able to trunk rotate with both your legs. Although, no hard exercises are still allowed, but you may begin to walk or swim to move your muscles.
- And finally, do not lift, pull or push any weight. You should not carry any item heavier than an apple. Your wounds are still fresh and fragile, that’s why you must be very careful during this specific period of time.
What Are The Benefits?
- You feel so much happier after getting rid of all your pain and mental stress.
- No more periods to slow you down from achieving your desired goals.
- The downtime is minimal as compared to other surgeries.
- It is minimally painful and you will have zero memory of the procedure.
- Even the hospital stay is less than 36 to 48 hours. Therefore, you can go home shortly after showing early signs of betterment.
What Are The Side Effects?
Some patients reported wound bleeding, an over-active bladder, or other gas or anesthesia-related complications. In such a case scenario, you are advised to reach out for medical aid as soon as possible.
What Is The Cost Of The Treatment?
This is a customized plan of action. Therefore, only after completing the whole surgery, the expert is able to highlight the exact estimate. However, the average cost of a Hysterectomy In Dubai ranges between AED 18,000 to AED 20,000.
Book A Free Consultation:
If you have further concerns about your health, fill in the form below to book a free consultation with our friendly staff today. Or learn more about; Hysterectomy In Dubai & Abu Dhabi by scheduling an appointment with our board-certified specialists at Enfield Royal Clinic.