Protection is always better and cheaper than cure! Protect your teeth against impact with mouthguards.
Sports activities expose people to a high risk of getting various teeth and jaw injuries. Along with questions about improving reaction time and increasing strength, professional athletes are concerned about avoiding severe injury. A Sports Mouth Guard in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah is used to prevent injuries to the face and head. They will help prevent injuries such as concussions, broken jaw, bones, neck injuries, wounds, and bruises of the cheeks and lips.
What are They?
These are flexible plastic devices worn during athletic training and competition, and recreational sports to prevent injury. These are like a cap on the tooth or a group of teeth, made of plastic as a temporary cosmetic and protective prosthesis.
These can be divided into three main groups:
Sports Mouthguard: Manufactured mainly for people involved in active sports like roller skating, mountain biking, skateboarding, etc. These are silicone two-layer mouthguards that reliably protect teeth.
Boxing Mouthguard: Protects teeth during martial arts like boxing, karate, and kickboxing. They have three layers of silicone that act as shock absorbers which evenly distribute the pressure upon impact. It is a reliable and proven means of protection against jaw fractures.
Hockey: Three-layer silicone protectors designed to guard against solid and sharp blows and evenly distributes the load and pressure.
Quick Tip! Talk to your dentist to decide the perfect option for you.
They protect teeth and jaws against strong blows or impacts that may occur during sports activities. The pressure is evenly distributed across the teeth preventing any damage to the teeth.
The usage of mouth guards has the following advantages:
- All of these are individually designed according to the exact impression of your teeth.
- The risk of a jaw fracture is practically eliminated due to the absorption of impact force by the cap.
- Load and pressure arising from impact forces are evenly distributed.
- The ability to keep the soft tissues of the lips and cheeks at a distance from the teeth to avoid damage to them.
- Reliable protection against neurological injuries due to a small gap between the jaws
- Prevention of displacement of the articular heads due to the shock-absorbing properties of the cap
- In the psychological component, athletes feel much more confident, thanks to a sense of security during training.
The best candidate for the guards is someone who is looking to protect permanent teeth or mixed dentition from external damage during sports. In case of violations of occlusion, a deviation of the tooth by more than 3 mm, incomplete closure of the lips, a short upper lip, and mouth breathing, the risk of damage to the teeth increases significantly. In such cases, consultation with an orthodontist is required.
Properties and Features:
It is necessary to take into account some features when choosing the Sports Mouth Guard in Dubai:
- In case of poor fixation, the athlete is forced to keep his teeth in a closed state all the time, which will disrupt speech and confuse breathing
- A very thin silicone layer may soon bite through and, if necessary, will not be able to soften the blow fully.
- The smooth surface of the mouth guard will not allow you to fix the jaw tightly.
- They must be made of elastic, odorless, and tasteless material.
- The athlete should be able to freely take liquid when placing the guard in the oral cavity.
- If properly fitted, the athlete must be distracted all the time and correct it during training.
Quick Tip! Some essential features to look out for include retention, comfort and stability, preservation of diction and breathing, and protection of teeth, lips, and gums.
That is why, when choosing a sports mouth guard, we recommend that you seek help from a dental clinic. In the dental laboratory of the Enfield Royal Clinic, individual silicone mouthguards are made with the most accurate fit and consider all the anatomical features of a person.
The cost of the Sports Mouth Guard in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah can range from AED 1000 to AED 1500. The cost of each treatment varies depending on several factors, including the type of sports guards needed, the dentist’s charges, and the clinic level.
Quick Tip! Treatment of injuries and wounds is an unpleasant procedure, and the cost of treating injuries far exceeds the cost of mouthguards. So, it’s better to use protection.
Book a Free Appointment!
If you are interested in getting protection for your teeth during sports. Fill out the consultation form below to book a free appointment.