Modern dentistry has various tools and techniques to maintain the integrity of dentition and save the teeth from decay and deterioration. Dentists do everything they can to protect and preserve existing teeth. However, in some cases, it is necessary to remove the tooth. The dentist will only resort to Tooth Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah if other methods of preventing the spread of infection are impossible or the patient is at risk of more severe complications.
The need to remove a tooth can arise for various reasons, and it is performed both in an emergency and in a planned manner. It is indicated in the following cases:
- Profound destruction and decay of tooth, leaving no possibility of its treatment or use of prosthetics
- Periodontitis is in its final fourth stage when the periodontal tissues are destroyed, and the mobility of the tooth makes it easy to remove it from the tooth socket. Removal of adjacent teeth, in this case, is performed if indicated.
- Injuries and jaw fractures, trauma to the roots and crown part of the tooth.
- Anomalies in the development of individual teeth, when they do not allow normal eating, injure the mucous membrane of the mouth, or interfere with speaking.
- The need for orthopedic or orthodontic intervention. In these cases, two or more teeth may need to be extracted, with the second tooth being removed during the same visit.
After the extraction, you will be relieved of pain entirely, and only tactile sensitivity will remain. It can be done under anesthesia, making the procedure wholly painless and safe. The pain and bad breath caused due to tooth decay will be eliminated.
The advantages of the treatment will be as follows:
- Due to the use of anesthesia the treatment can be performed without pain
- The treatment is completed, causing minimal trauma to the surrounding tissues
- There are no surgical complications in the procedure; the only difficulties that arise are the non-compliance of patients with recommendations in the postoperative period.
- Treatment success rates are high; however, it is imperative to choose a good surgeon.
Like any other surgical intervention, it is necessary to prepare for the procedure seriously. Following the proper instructions will save you from the likelihood of complications.
- At the preparatory stage, it is necessary to take an x-ray, which allows you to determine the size and shape of the roots and identify the presence of inflammation.
- If inflammation is detected, preliminary treatment is prescribed, and only after it is stopped is extraction performed.
- An hour or two before the surgery, it is recommended to pre-medicate using sedatives that enhance the effect of local anesthesia.
The procedure of Tooth Removal in Dubai only lasts 5 to 20 minutes and includes the following mandatory steps:
- The first step involves aesthesia of the extraction zone with effective anesthetics that allow painless removal
- Then, the separation of the gum from the tooth’s surface is performed, which eliminates additional trauma to the tissues of the mucosa.
- The next step is loosening and extracting a damaged tooth using special tools. If the tooth has curved roots, it is first sawn into fragments, which are then removed in parts.
- Cleansing the hole left behind from fragments and treating it with an antiseptic
- Lastly, the gum flap is returned to its place.
Recovery and Rehabilitation:
Usually, the recovery period is not accompanied by discomfort, except for a few days after the surgery:
- Pain will occur at least 2 hours after the removal and spreads to the jaw and part of the cheek. In this case, doctors recommend taking painkillers.
- You might have a slight fever if the removal was complicated.
- There may be slight swelling of soft tissues in the area of surgical intervention. Slight puffiness on the cheeks is also expected. However, these will fade away on their own.
As the preparation is essential to achieve the best results, the proper aftercare instructions are also necessary for a smooth recovery:
- After the surgical procedure, it is recommended to stop eating for several hours.
- If sports training is planned for this time, refuse it, because vigorous exercise is not recommended.
- Drinking clean water at room temperature is allowed.
- For a day, refuse to conduct oral hygiene, clean, and rinse the oral cavity with elixirs.
- It is also not necessary to use strong disinfectants without the recommendations of a dentist.
- A stopper of clotted blood that fills the hole helps stop the bleeding after the surgery. This natural barrier must be preserved to allow proper healing.
The cost of Tooth Removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah can range from AED 1490 to AED 1990. The price is impacted by several factors, including the number of teeth to be removed, the complexity of the procedure, the doctor’s expertise, the clinic location, and the level.
Book a free appointment!
If you want to get your tooth removed, contact Enfield Royal Clinic. Book a free appointment by filling out the consultation form below and proceeding to the treatment with our experts.