One of the modern weight loss methods based on the restriction principle is known as Sleeve Gastrectomy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. The operation allows you to restrict the flow of food into the stomach due to the surgical narrowing of its upper part. Such an operation is often called a resection of the stomach sleeve, which fully reflects its essence. During the procedure, a narrow gastric sleeve is created. This greatly complicates the passage of solid food through the entire area.
What is Sleeve Gastrectomy?
This is a surgical treatment that helps people lose weight by restricting their food intake. A minimally invasive laparoscopic approach is used to accomplish the procedure. The surgeon removes 75% of the stomach during the procedure. As a result, the stomach takes on the appearance of a tube or sleeve, containing far less food. There is no insertion of a foreign body, and no gut repair is required. They may consume a regular diet after a brief recuperation period, including fibrous meats and vegetables.
Results of Sleeve Gastrectomy Dubai:
It is a treatment that can provide a long-term weight loss effect. The amount of weight you lose will depend on the changes you make in your lifestyle and eating habits. People have reported losing 50 to 60 percent of their weight in two years.
The treatment has the following advantages:
- This is a more physiological therapy than other bariatric treatments. It is not accompanied by malabsorption, the creation of diseased and blind channels, or the implantation of a foreign body.
- It results in quick and significant weight loss, similar to gastric bypass surgery. Within three years, patients can expect to shed 50 percent or more of their extra weight.
- Hormonal changes caused by the procedure’s removal of a major portion of the stomach help patients feel full, eat less, and alleviate diabetic symptoms.
- It is less risky than a laparoscopic gastric bypass procedure. This technique has a decreased number of problems in the first 30 days.
- This is a pharmacologically safe procedure. When used orally, aspirin and other NSAIDs are well tolerated. You are able to use oral contraceptives.
The most suitable candidate for the Sleeve Gastrectomy in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is someone with the following characteristics:
- BMI ≥ 40 or BMI ≥ 35, at least one co-morbid cardiomyopathy, obesity, severe diabetes mellitus, etc.
- Drug-free weight loss attempts have failed
- There are no medical contraindications for surgery
How Does it Work?
The weight reduction impact following this procedure is caused by two mechanisms.
- The stomach’s lower capacity promotes early satiety. A healthy person’s stomach should have a volume of 1000 cm3. About 150-200 cm3 after the procedure. As a result, while ingesting five to six times smaller quantities, saturation develops.
- The hormone ghrelin, popularly known as the hunger hormone, is reduced in the blood when a portion of the stomach is removed. Many patients feel that they are significantly less hungry following surgery, and people with type 2 diabetes frequently notice a rapid reduction in their need for diabetes drugs.
Before the operation, the doctor prescribes a complete examination of the patient. Follow these guidelines:
- A few weeks before the operation, special dietary preparations are prescribed that promote weight loss by blocking receptors.
- It is important to achieve at least 10% weight loss.
- A week before the operation, stop taking drugs that affect the level of blood clotting.
- 8 hours before the start, it is strictly forbidden to take any food and drink.
- The intestines are cleansed with laxatives and enemas.
The surgeon removes the entire bottom and part of the body of the stomach. A narrow sleeve is formed, which repeats a small bend.
Thus, the patient is not able to consume more food. The stomach itself is not able to accept more than it fits in a tightly narrowed sleeve.
It is also impossible to stretch the stomach in any place. When food passes along the entire length of the narrowed area, due to the pressure on the walls, the patient has a persistent feeling of fullness. At the same time, the amount of food consumed is significantly reduced.
Right after the surgery patient only receives nutrition through a dropper. But after 2 to 3 days, he is transferred to a special liquid diet and then there is a gradual transition to regular food.
In the first week, you cannot wet the operated area. Wounds are treated daily with antiseptic solutions.
It is necessary to refuse to visit the solarium, sauna, and bath for a month.
For nutrition to normalize, you need to eat small meals 5-6 times a day. It is allowed to eat no more than 170 g of food at a time.
Cost of Sleeve Gastrectomy Dubai:
The Cost of a Sleeve Gastrectomy in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah can range from AED 25,000 to AED 40,000. The cost will be determined by the doctor after the initial consultation.
Book a Free Appointment!
Fill out the consultation form below to get in touch with experts of Enfield Royal Clinic by booking a free appointment.