Labiaplasty is the most common Vaginal Rejuvenation Procedure. It works by reducing the size of the labia minora. Women opt for labiaplasty for a variety of reasons, including pain, twisting and pulling of the labia during sexual intercourse, irritation, and itching in the area.
The surgery helps even out the labia and stops them from twisting and pulling. Let’s dig in further to learn more about Labiaplasty in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.
Who is a Candidate?
Anyone who wants to reduce the size of the flaps of skin on either side of the vaginal opening can be a candidate. You must be 18 years old since the area’s development continues post-puberty as a young adult. You should be in good general physical and mental health to withstand the after-effects of surgery.
It is also imperative that you have realistic expectations from the procedure. The surgery is discouraged in pregnant women since it can lead to health issues such as infections.
Benefits of Labiaplasty:
There are several benefits of labiaplasty surgery. These include the enhanced aesthetic appearance of the area, a greater pleasure during sexual intercourse, and the ability to wear different kinds of clothes. It also boosts the confidence level during intimate moments.
You need to stop taking blood-thinning medications and certain herbal supplements and vitamins for a few days before the procedure. Smoking and drinking liquor are also highly discouraged since they delay healing after the Hymen Surgery.
Get a good amount of rest before the surgery. It would be best to not eat for a few hours before undergoing the knife. Have someone available to drive you back home once you leave the hospital. Also, ensure that you have the prescription drugs available as per the doctor’s advice before the procedure.
Your Appointment with the Surgeon:
The first appointment is critical since you get to ask all the questions about the Labiaplasty Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. You can expect the surgeon to give you an overview of the process first, typically answering most of your questions.
You must discuss your medical history in detail with the doctor to avoid surprises during or after the surgery. You should also understand the expected results and all the risks associated with the procedure. This appointment will give you clarity before the surgery, which is imperative.
There are more than one ways to perform a labiaplasty. The procedure begins with the administration of anesthesia. Both local and general anesthesia is used, and your surgeon will decide which one is ideal in your case based on your medical history.
- The trim procedure is the most commonly used labiaplasty option. An incision is made to remove the outer edge of the inner labia. The removal results in the inner labia being even with the outer labia or slightly receded. The procedure removes the darker part of the labia as well.
- The wedge procedure is a relatively novel option. The plastic surgeon excises a V-shaped wedge from both sides and then stitches the edges. The extra folds of the clitoral hood may also be reduced through the wedge technique. The procedure offers excellent results though the darker part of the labia is left intact.
It would be best to rest for the next few days to recover quickly from the surgery. Eat healthy foods and consume lots of liquids. Wear loose clothing that does not rub with your vagina. Do not forget to take the medications prescribed by your doctor.
- Ensure that you use cold presses in the treated area to relieve any discomfort. Also, make sure that your dressing is changed regularly to avoid any infections. Do not work out at all for a couple of weeks. You will probably need to avoid heavier workouts for a couple of months to allow your body to heal fully.
- Also, lubricate the surgery site with the prescribed lotion to prevent scabs from forming. You also need to abstain from sexual intercourse for at least two months after the procedure.
- Follow-up visits are crucial for the recovery process since your surgeon can best guide you. The doctor may advise other precautions, and you should follow them to the letter.
Like all surgical procedures, there are some side effects of labiaplasty. You will have soreness, bruising, and swelling in the treated area for up to a couple of weeks. Initially, you may also feel discomfort while you pee. It would help if you took some time off from work to recover fully.
Cost of Labiaplasty Surgery Dubai:
The Cost of Labiaplasty in Dubai UAE can range from AED 25,000 to AED 30,000. The actual cost of the treatment will be determined by the doctor after the initial consultation. The factors impacting the cost will include the complexity of the treatment, the surgeon’s experience, and the clinic level.
Consult with a Best Labiaplasty Surgeon:
To learn more about Labiaplasty Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah or book a consultation with one of our Sexologists, Book an appointment by filling out the consultation form below and proceed with the treatment with our experts.
Dr. Rashad Haddad Gynecologist
Dr. Rashad G. Haddad is a French board-certified Obstetrician and Gynecologist having more than 25 years of experience. He is a member of the French College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and is senior International Faculty in the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine.View Profile