Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical cosmetic treatment that is carried out to renew skin tone and texture. In this treatment, a patient’s damaged skin is replaced with smooth and fresh skin by spraying tiny crystals on the skin. These crystals penetrate the skin to free it from all the dead skin cells and impurities. Through Microdermabrasion several unappealing skin conditions can be treated in a very short time. You will notice an immediate change in your skin texture right after your first session and this is the best thing about the treatment. This is the reason why the treatment is getting so much popularity all around the globe.
- Quick recovery with low risks
- Painless treatment that requires no anesthesia
- Suitable for the skins that are sensitive to chemicals
- Brighten the skin complexion
- No severe side effects
Aim of the treatment
Microdermabrasion aims to provide smooth and perfectly-toned skin. People usually get this to reduce the appearance of the wrinkles, fine lines, light acne scars, “crow’s feet,” age spots, and undesired pigmentation that may appear on the skin over time.
Who is the candidate?
People consider microdermabrasion to treat the following skin conditions.
- Scars and wrinkles
- Age spots and brown spots
- Freckles and blemishes
- Mild acne
An ideal candidate
You are an ideal candidate for the treatment if you have relatively minor skin imperfections. Ideally, it is not recommended for people who have sagging skin, deep scars or deep folds. For such issues, facelift and laser resurfacing is the best option.
Preparation before the treatment
You are requested to follow some instructions carefully to get the best results of the treatment
- Before the treatment, talk to your healthcare professional. Tell him about your skin concerns, medical history, and medications
- Use only your doctor’s recommended skincare product
- Discontinue the use of hair removal creams, tanning cream, waxing on the treatment site
- Avoid excessive sun exposure. Prefer wearing sunscreen before going out
- Do not wear any makeup on the day of the treatment
Local or general anesthesia is not required in Microdermabrasion. It is a simple outpatient procedure that takes only about an hour to smoothen the damaged skin. The Dermatologist will talk to you about your skin condition and will do an initial examination of your skin to help you decide which treatment option is best for you.
Following are the steps that are performed in Microdermabrasion;
- aluminum oxide crystals will be sprayed on the skin by setting the microdermabrasion machine to a required frequency
- After this exfoliation process starts and the outer damaged layer is skin is eliminated.
- The procedure also stimulates collagen production to regenerate healthy and fresh skin, free from all the impurities.
Instructions after the treatment
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol for at least 2 days following the procedure
- Keep the treated area away from direct sunlight
- Avoid using aspirin or ibuprofen containing products
- After the treatment apply sunscreens of strong SPF before going out
- Avoid wearing makeup for at least 48 hours after the procedure
Recovery and side-effects
The treatment requires no downtime and recovery in most of the cases. The patient is allowed to go home right after the procedure. The procedure is usually safe if it’s done by an experienced practitioner.
After getting the treatment, you might notice swelling, redness, bruising, or itching on the treated site. But don’t worry they will disappear in one or two days.
Cost of Microdermabrasion in Dubai
The cost of microdermabrasion in Dubai depends upon the treatment area and the required number of sessions.
Book a free consultation
Enfield royal clinic is here to treat all your skin problems. At our clinic, you can have an effective Microdermabrasion treatment at an affordable cost.