Microneedling with PRP therapy
A minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure, also known as “Vampire facelift” involves the use of tiny needles. Two procedures PRP and micro-needling are combined for acquiring flawless, perfect looking skin. The procedure is carried out for reducing the aging signs including acne, stretch marks, spots, and thin skin. Advance needling devices are used for this purpose. The treatment is long being used for removing acne scars but now other skin conditions can also be treated. It acne improves scars by stimulating collagen production that helps in skin rejuvenation. The treatment will make your skin look glowing, smooth and younger. It can be painful but pain can be minimized by using topical anesthetics.
Who is the candidate?
For undergoing the procedure you have to be an ideal candidate for the treatment. You are an ideal candidate if,
- You are having an uneven skin tone
- You are having a dull skin
- You are suffering from hyperpigmentation
- You should have realistic expectations about the treatment
- Your skin is sensitive to other treatments
- Your skin free from all the skin infections and allergy
Aim of the treatment
Microneedling with PRP therapy in Dubai aims to reduce the visibility of pores, wrinkles, spots, etc. It provides us a scar-free smooth skin. Through micro-needling, small holes are created. Platelets pass into the skin more deeply because of these holes. The treatment also provides the best results for treating eye bags. As we know PRP is derived from our blood through the centrifuging process, therefore, the treatment has no side effects. It helps us in repairing various skin infections by producing collagen.
For preparing yourself for micro-needling with PRP therapy in Dubai you have to follow some instructions carefully,
- Discontinue the use of medications containing Retin-A for at least 3 days before the treatment
- Avoid natural and fake tanning or sunbathing for 2 or 3 weeks before the treatment
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Do not use any cosmetic product on the treated site on the day of treatment
- You should about all the side effects so you are ready enough to bear them after the treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure as it can damage your skin
- Fill all your prescriptions in advance
- Microneedles can cause discomfort or pain so numbing cream will be applied to reduce it
- A small amount of blood is drawn out and placed in a centrifuge and spun to collect platelet-rich-plasma
- After that Microneedling starts taking only 30 minutes.
- Small holes will be created that will act as a channel for transferring PRP in the skin surface
- The procedure stimulates collagen and elastin production that would help in the healing process
- After creating punctures, PRP will be poured into these holes.
- The whole procedure will take only an hour to complete
- Usually, PRP is injected in most damaged areas
- In the end, left PRP will be injected again in these holes, acting as a booster
- You may experience redness or swelling on the treated area but they will subside after some time
Post care treatment
After getting the procedure done, you have to follow some instructions given by your doctor for achieving and maintaining desired results
- Avoid washing the treated area for at least a day
- Apply cold compressions to reduce redness and swelling
- Do not touch the treated area unnecessarily
- Avoid exposing the treated site to direct sunlight
- Before going out, use sunscreen and sunblock with sun protection factor 45 and above
- Additional follow up treatments will be required for maintaining results
Some other facts about micro-needling with PRP therapy
There are different techniques available for carrying out the procedure. It is usually done to treat a variety of skin conditions. Nowadays, electronic devices such as a simple roller containing needles are being used to do micro-needling.
Results and benefits
Results produced by micro-needling with PRP therapy are natural-looking. You will be able to see the results after 5 to eight weeks. Results will be visible when the natural healing process will stimulate collagen and elastin production. 3-8 sessions will be required depending upon the severity of your acne scars. As a result of the treatment, there will be a remarkable improvement in overall skin texture.
Schedule a free consultation
Royal cosmetic surgery is offering you effective Microneedling with PRP therapy in Dubai and the surrounding areas. If you have any queries regarding the procedure contact us by filling the consultation form. Limitations and complications will be discussed with you carefully.