What is Lipoplasty?
Liposuction also known as “Lipoplasty” and “body contouring” is a surgical procedure to remove extra fat deposits from abdomen, thighs, calves, buttocks, neck, chin, or the back. The extra fat is removed from the body by using a hollow instrument “cannula”. Keep this in mind you cannot choose liposuction if you are seeking for a weight-loss method because it is not a treatment for obesity.
Liposuction does not provide any physical health benefits to the sufferers it just improves the appearance. After getting the treatment patient’s skin molds itself to new contours which are more attractive than the previous ones. You have to be in good health to avoid complications and risks of the treatment.
Who is an Ideal Candidate?
If you want to undergo the surgical Liposuction then, you need to make sure whether you are a good candidate for this treatment or not. You are an ideal candidate if;
- You aren’t pregnant or breast-feeding
- you are above 18
- You aren’t suffering from any serious diseases
- You have tight, elastic, and healthy skin with good skin tone
- You have realistic expectations about the outcomes of the treatment
There are number of liposuction techniques available. Three most common techniques are
- Tumescent liposuction
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL)
- Laser-Assisted Lipolysis (LAL)
It is considered to be the most common liposuction technique all over the world in which a sterile solution, along with anesthesia and drug, is injected into the affected area. The extra amount of fat is then sucked out of the body by using different suction tubes.
Ultrasound-Assisted liposuction or UAL:
This type of liposuction is usually done in conjunction with the traditional liposuction procedure. During UAL, Ultrasonic energy is applied directly to the affected site to liquefy fat deposits. After that undesired fatty material is sucked out.
Laser-Assisted Liposuction is also known as laser-guided lipo. It is less invasive as compared to other techniques for evacuating fat from the body. In LAL, high-intensity laser light is targeted on extra fat to emulsify it.
Before the Treatment:
Before the surgery, you need to follow some instruction to get the best results of the treatment
- First, get all your lab tests done
- Sleep properly on the night before the surgery
- Discontinue the use of medications including blood-thinners and anti-inflammatory
- Discuss with your surgeon your medical history and about the allergies if you have any.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for at least 2 weeks before the treatment
- Take the prescribed medicines regularly, as per the doctor’s instructions
The patient is administered under general anesthesia or local anesthesia depending upon the choice of the surgeon. Usually, liposuction takes 3 to 4 hours but of course, it can vary. The team will monitor your BP, Pulse, Oxygen rate throughout the treatment. If you feel any pain or discomfort during the treatment inform your surgeon immediately.
The time required for the treatment varies from person to person. It mainly depends upon two things
- Amount of fat to be extracted
- The type of technique used
Although liposuction has many benefits and some of them are listed below;
- It will help you in removing extra fat bulges from the body
- Modifies and enhance the body shape
- Help you in regaining the lost confidence
- You will get a model-like-body
- Your beauty level will boost up