Usually, one hair transplant session is enough for some patients. But in cases where more aesthetic correction is required, a second hair transplant may be required next year.
The second hair transplant, also known as Revision Hair Transplant in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah, is performed no earlier than 6-12 months after the previous procedure. It is recommended to hide bald patches, add thickness, or, in some cases, correct problems caused by failed hair transplants and achieve a more natural and full look.
Why Undergo Revision Hair Transplant?
Below are the reasons why patients plan a second hair transplant.
- Hide visible scars after FUT surgery.
- Improve the results of the first hair transplantation
- Cope with ongoing hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia.
- Increase the thickness of the scalp.
- Lack of sufficient results due to neglected postoperative care.
What is the Process?
The Revision Hair Transplant in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah starts with the removal of a portion of the hair follicles transplanted during the first operation. The follicles are placed carefully along with the donor follicles in the bald area. Doctors take great care when transplanting follicles in a way that gives the most natural results. The whole operation is carried out taking into account the results that patients expect.
Please remember that in your case the procedure may differ depending on the type of graft you have operated on for the first time.
How soon Revision Hair Transplant could be Done?
It is imperative that enough time has elapsed for the surgical sites to heal completely and that you are ready for the next procedure. Patients should wait at least 6 months before planning a second hair transplant (revision hair transplant). However, this period may be longer depending on the health of the patient. It will be helpful if you seek direct advice from our surgeons on the ideal tear assessment for another hair transplant session.
Side Effects of Revision Hair Transplant:
Even though the success rate of a hair transplant is so high, uncertain events should always be kept in mind. Understanding the potential complications at each stage, careful monitoring, and careful postoperative follow-up are essential to prevent the following complications expected from a second hair transplant.
- Puss drainage
- Scalp pain
You Should Know:
- Patients do not need more than two hair transplant sessions in a lifetime if they meet with an experienced surgeon.
- There are no long-term side effects associated with repeated hair transplantation.
- The recovery period is difficult only during which you need to follow the post-operative instructions and medications recommended by your doctor.
- The procedure can last from four to five hours or even longer than the previous hair transplant operation, depending on the type of complications and the procedure performed in each case.
Going for another hair transplant session for better results is your decision, but we can help you find out the details from our doctors. Please make an appointment by filling out the short form below and find out all your concerns regarding Revision Hair Transplant in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.