Sometimes, due to unexpected mishaps, a person may lose a tooth. Often, because of poor oral hygiene, many people also end up missing a few teeth. Or they fall out on their own. Teeth can also get damaged by diseases. They can decay from smoking or overdrinking. Or simply a fracture can occur and change the whole profile of a person’s aesthetic personality. If you are someone, somewhere out there, struggling with the same problem? No need to hide away anymore. Our professional Dentists in Dubai can bring back the charm to your smile. A Dental Implant is an excellent option and a long-term solution for you. Learn everything about the Pros & Cons Of Dental Implant In Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. And restore a smile back on your face.
What Is A Dental Implant?
A Dental implant is a term that is used to talk about replacing a missing tooth. It serves as a substitute for a lost tooth root. Dental implants are designed to replace individual to several teeth. Implants are also designed to blend with your natural teeth naturally. There are two ways to put your teeth back. There is an immediate approach; where after the extraction of the tooth, the implants are placed right after it.
And the other is; a 2-stage method. The tooth is taken out. The gap is left to heal for 3 to 4 months. The implants are then placed and left to heal for another 3 to 4 months. Which makes it a total of 6 to 7 months, to complete the whole Dental procedure.
What Happens During A Dental Implant?
This is how a Dental Implant is installed inside your mouth;
- First, the implants are surgically placed by drilling a hole inside the jaw bone.
- A cover screw is installed inside the hole.
- It is a thin screw specially designed to insert inside a human gum. This allows an easy recovery for the gums to heal.
- After the appropriate healing time, the tooth is placed on the inserted screw.
- Next, the jaw bone is given time to grow around the implants and hold it into place. It may take a month or two, depending on the patient, to heal from the first stage.
- The expert will then fix the replica, custom-made for your mouth to fit in perfectly well.
What Are The Pros Of The Treatment?
- It is a miracle to get a lost tooth back. It is a new chance to maintain your oral health, thanks to the new implants.
- The experts use a 3D scanner to examine the gap and respected size of a new custom-made tooth for you. It is an exact replica of your old tooth based on the same size and color.
- You can opt for an immediate approach. And heal from the whole procedure combined together within 3 months.
- It is a long-lasting solution. And if you take very good care of your new teeth, the implants will last a lifetime.
- A dental implant can protect the natural tooth structure of your remaining teeth. It grows inside and helps to support the gums.
- You can confidently smile and laugh again.
- You can chew and speak without shying off from any awkward situation.
- The implants will blend in as though they have been there forever. And no one will be able to identify any difference.
What Are The Cons Of The Treatment?
When replacing a tooth, you should keep in mind a few consequences mentioned below;
- You may not feel any sensation on your bite.
- If you are not careful with your biting pressure, you might get a sensitivity shock.
- The implant is a rougher surface as compared to the original enamel. So you can never compromise your dental health anymore.
- Gum diseases are more aggressive on the implants than they are on the natural teeth.
- It is an expensive procedure.
- It is an artificial adjustment to the mouth. So there will not be any blood flow in the treated area.
- Natural organs can fight off any bacteria or infections. But an implanted tooth will not react to any harm coming its way.
- Frequent cleaning is required on implanted teeth more than the natural ones. They can easily get stained, so you have to be very careful with your oral intake.
Book A Consultation
If you are suffering from a loose tooth or wish to learn more about the Pros & Cons Of Dental Implant In Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. Fill in the form below to book a consultation with our friendly team today. Or schedule an appointment with our experts at Enfield Royal Dental Clinic.