At Enfield Royal Clinic we understand the importance of preventive care to keep our patient’s teeth and gum healthy and to eliminate emergencies. Unfortunately, most people do not realize how important it is to use a mouthguard during sports. It helps to cushion the impact that can cause broken and chipped teeth, lip injuries, and injury to the tongue, face, or jaw. So, it is important to use protective gear for your teeth while playing sports. Mouthguard Cost in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah is also affordable.
What do They Do?
They prevent the teeth from breaking and damage in the mouth against impacts and are used by attaching them to the upper and lower teeth. With their plastic structures, they protect all the lower and upper tooth arrays by wrapping them. Mouth guards designed in thicknesses of 3 cm to 5 cm are used by those who are involved in sports such as wrestling, boxing, football, and basketball, to prevent teeth from breaking in the event of an accident or impact. Information about mouth guard types, and standard, shaped, and personalized mouth guards are learned from sub-headings.
What are the Types?
There are 2 types of mouth guards. These include:
Requires dental examination before applying these guards. It is extremely convenient and comfortable. It is prepared according to the person’s mouth, the structure, and the size of his teeth. It does not give a feeling of discomfort after a successful application.
Shaped in the Mouth:
Pre-shaped guards of people can be shaped by keeping them in boiled water. When the protector reaches a warm consistency, it will take the shape of the mouth and teeth after being bitten and kept in the mouth for a certain period of time.
The Mouthguard Cost in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah can range from AED 999 to AED 1999. The cost can vary depending on several factors and will only be determined by the doctor after the initial consultation.
Factors Impacting the Cost:
The following factors impact the cost of getting a mouth guard:
- The type of guard selected for protection determines the cost
- The visits to the doctor for getting the device made will add up to the cost
- A dentist’s expertise and experience will also impact the cost
- The clinic level and location also affect how much they cost for their services
How to Care for it?
The following instructions must be followed to take care of them:
- It should be washed with warm water and soap before use. Hot water should not be used. Especially the 2nd type of mouth guards can be deformed as they will soften in the face of heat.
- Before storage, it should be dipped in mouthwash and removed.
- The mouth guard must be kept dry. For this, a well-ventilated storage box should be used.
- It should not be kept in the car in sunlight or hot weather as it will cause excessive heat deformations.
- No weight should be placed on it.
- No one else should be allowed to use it.
Dr. Khalid Al Ibawi
Your smile is our passion, get the best dental treatments at the Royal Clinic. We are here to care for your teeth the way they deserve. Dr. Khalid Al Ibawi is one of the top dentists and dental surgeons in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. He focuses on cosmetic dentistry as well as the functional...View Profile
Enfield Royal Dental Clinic offers the most effective treatments at the most affordable rates and allows you to get your desired results. When it comes to dental care, we believe it is essential to take precautionary measures to avoid any adverse problems which will then be difficult to resolve. Protecting teeth with the help of custom-made guards will allow you to be on the safer side while playing sports or indulging in any other rigorous activity.