It is necessary to inform right away that there is no single universal way to deal with acne scars today. The treatment requires an integrated approach that may include multiple treatments. However, Laser treatment is the latest and most effective in treating acne scars.
It is recommended to combine laser treatment of acne scars with other treatments. The combination of treatments can vary depending on the types of scars.
Before taking any treatment, learn about the causes of acne and the types of post-acne scars, kinds of treatments available and Laser Treatment For Acne Scars Cost in Dubai & Abu Dhabi.
Causes Of Acne:
Post-acne scarring appears for the following reasons:
- Improperly selected acne treatment therapy
- Self-service blackhead autopsy at home
- Untimely treatment of the patient
- Severe inflammatory form of the disease
How Do Scars Form?
Acne can leave scars on the skin, resulting from skin inflammation. In the fatty sac of the hair, due to colonisation, inflammation occurs. The body responds with more rapid production of white blood cells and inflammatory molecules. Sometimes, after the rash has healed, the damaged tissue does not return to its original position.
Depending on the nature of the rash and the localisation of the damaged area, post-inflammatory pigmentation is formed, scars of various forms, which can be long-term. In more complex conditions, in a larger area of inflammation, the infection spreads to the deep layers of the skin. With an individual tendency, a lack of skin appears dented scars form. Due to the impaired reaction of the body, convex, hypertrophic scars can form.
Types Of Acne Scars:
Acne scar treatments target two main types of acne scars:
- Atrophic scars are more common than keloids and hypertrophic scars
- Hypertrophic scars are usually pink, raised, and firm.
Laser Treatment For Acne Scars:
Laser treatment of acne on the body has been successfully used for several decades. The bactericidal effect of a laser beam and the ability to simultaneously treat acne and remove the consequences make laser techniques almost indispensable for all forms and stages of acne. The number of procedures needed varies from person to person. About 4-5 procedures are required on average, and the acne problem in the body will be completely solved.
Laser treatment today is one of the most modern and effective methods of treatment. Under the influence of laser, collagen production is stimulated in the skin, so the scar’s surface is levelled.
Laser treatments use ablative and non-ablative lasers. With ablative lasers, the surface layer of the skin is removed. With non-ablative lasers, the skin’s surface remains, while the laser acts only on the deep layers of the skin. The advantage of non-ablative lasers is scab-free skin healing.
Cost Of Laser Treatment For Acne Scars:
The Laser treatment for acne scars cost in Dubai & Abu Dhabi depends on the number of sessions you may require for getting rid of the scars. The average price of laser scar removal treatment in Dubai can range from AED 5000 to AED 8000.
Tips For Rapid Recovery:
Follow the following tips for rapid recovery and healing:
- In the first days, slight swelling and moderate soreness will appear on the skin. Use a particular wound healing ointment 3-4 times a day for 4-5 days after the procedure.
- All side effects disappear 2–4 days after resurfacing
- It is necessary to apply SPF50 + sunscreen on the skin for two months after the session.
- In case if the inflammatory phenomena on the face are still present, it is recommended to carry out a course of acne phototherapy of 3-5 procedures.
- Highly qualified doctors of our clinic have extensive experience of successful work with all methods and guarantee precise adherence to work parameters on devices, efficiency, and safety.
Dr Abdul Majeed Makkiya
1999 -2021 - Highly qualified cosmetic surgeon with 20+ years of experience. Passionate about helping others.View Profile
Dr. Dina Elyamani
Dr. Dina Elyamani is one of the leading Aesthetic General Physician in Dubai with a vast range of experience in the field...View Profile
Dr. Sannia Awais
A dedicated esthetician who is committed to the highest standards of excellence - always striving to achieve the very...View Profile