With the development of implant technology, more and more patients prefer this method of restoring lost teeth as the most reliable, aesthetic, and comfortable. Set and forget! This is what happens in most cases unless the most formidable complication violates the plans of the doctor and his patient, due to which the implant can be lost. Dental Implant Infection in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah will help deal with all kinds of complications.
At the initial implantation stage, a pin is inserted into the spine – a metal rod that plays the root part for an artificial tooth. For it to hold correctly, the bone must attach to it, and osseointegration must occur.
If something goes wrong, the bone will not grow into the groove of the implant, and inflammation will start to occur in the surrounding joints. The same reaction occurs when any foreign body enters the bone.
If there is some swelling, bleeding, and soreness of the gums after the installation of implants, this is not considered a pathology. Since it is a natural reaction of the body to soft tissue injury, these symptoms ideally go away on their own within 3-5 days after surgery.
When pain and swelling persist for a more extended period and tend to increase, this indicates the onset of inflammation of the gums – peri-implantitis. His symptoms look like this:
- Acute pain, swelling, redness of the gums that persist do not decrease or increase for 3-4 days after implantation
- Bleeding or bleeding from the gums for more than 5-7 days after surgery
- When pressing on the implant, soreness indicates a violation of osseointegration
- Mobility of the dental structure
- Enlargement and soreness of the submandibular lymph nodes
- Purulent discharge from the gums, the formation of a fistulous tract
- Bad breath, when examining the design, the doctor discovers the source of the smell under the plug or abutment
- Increased body temperature, fatigue, and drowsiness a day after surgery.
Quick Tip! Inflammation of the gums after dental implantation can begin several months or even years after the operation.
The success of Dental Implant Infection Dubai & Abu Dhabi depends on at what stage of the disease it is started the earlier, the better the prognosis:
- Treatment is directed, first of all, to the relief of inflammation in focus and the restoration of bone volume, with the onset of its loss. Therefore, in the treatment, two main stages are distinguished: the sanitation of the inflamed area and surgical bone augmentation.
- Before starting treatment, the doctor conducts a diagnosis. The main stage of such a diagnosis will be a 3D CT scan computed tomography to accurately determine the affected area and the state of the bone tissue.
- Then professional hygiene of the implant and adjacent areas is carried out the removal of soft dental deposits and tartar from the dental crown and the subgingival space using ultrasound.
- Next, surgical sanitation of the area of inflammation is carried out, and abscesses are opened. Periodontal pockets are cleaned in the same way as in periodontal diseases, with the help of special curettes or the Vector device. The problematic implant shouldn’t be loaded.
- At the same time, bone grafting can be performed using the method of guided bone regeneration using bone chips and regenerating membranes.
- In parallel, the patient is given local and general antibiotic therapy, antibiotics are prescribed.
- It is essential in the treatment of peri-implantitis to observe daily hygiene using antiseptic preparations.
Repeated X-ray diagnostics necessarily control the result of treatment.
Cost of Implant Infection:
The cost of Dubai Dental Implant Infection can range from AED 1999 to AED 10,000. The price depends on several factors, including the complexity of the treatment, the dentist’s experience, the clinic level, and location. The doctor will determine the actual cost of the treatment after the initial consultation.
Book a Free Appointment!
Although complications are rare, if you are one of the unlucky ones who had to face the problem, get in touch with experts of Enfield Royal Clinic to get Dental Implant Infection Treatment in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah by filling out the consultation form below and booking a free appointment.
Dr. Khalid Al Ibawi
Your smile is our passion, get the best dental treatments at the Royal Clinic. We are here to care for your teeth the way they deserve. Dr. Khalid Al Ibawi is one of the top dentists and dental surgeons in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. He focuses on cosmetic dentistry as well as the functional...View Profile