If any candidate is going through pain or discomfort in their teeth, gums, or jowls, then Dental Extraction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah is the process they need. Anyhow, if you have any further queries, keep reading the informative page and book us!
What is Dental Extraction?
It is the surgical extraction of a tooth from its socket in the bone, performed by a dentist or oral surgeon as an outpatient procedure performed relatively quickly with local, general, or intravenous anaesthesia or a combination. This process is usually done when a tooth is damaged, infected, or decayed, or if it is causing other dental issues like overcrowding, impaction, or causing disease in the gum.
The Expected Results:
The treatment will result in relief from pain by targeting the root cause of the problem. It will stop the infections or cavities from spreading to the neighbouring teeth. The outcome will be a beautiful and aesthetically pleasing smile without pain or discomfort.
Are there any Benefits?
There are a number of benefits that are linked with the treatment, some of which are as follows:
- Oral health is improved.
- The appearance of smile is enhanced.
- Assists in relieving pain and discomfort.
- Prevents the spread of bacteria to other teeth.
- Prevention in future dental problems.
Why is the Extraction Performed?
It is always better to preserve teeth than to remove them; however, in some cases, it may be necessary to extract the teeth in adults. Some of the reasons are mentioned below:
- Teeth are too damaged to be repaired or saved due to trauma or decay
- In case of overcrowding, when all teeth do not fit in the jaw perfectly, some may be extracted
- For impacted teeth that have not protruded above the gum
- Tooth decay and damage have spread to the dental pulp
- Loosened teeth due to periodontal disease
Before going under the procedure, the candidates are required to follow the below recommendations to have a safe process and to attain the desired results.
- Inform about your medical history.
- Some X-rays will be taken to determine the shape, position, and condition of the tooth and bone.
- Take the prescribed medications.
- Do not eat prior to the method.
- Refrain from smoking or consuming alcohol.
- Do not take any blood thinners.
How is the Procedure Carried out?
The Dental Extraction in Dubai will be performed by an oral surgeon trained in performing surgery. The treatment will take the following stages:
- Before the tooth is extracted, the dentist will give the patient an injection of a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
- The dentist will cut the gum and bone tissue covering the tooth. He will then grasp the tooth using forceps and gently move it back and forth to loosen it from the jawbone and ligaments that typically hold the tooth in place.
- The dentist places a gauze pad in the tooth cavity and tells the patient to bite into it to help stop the bleeding.
- In some cases, the dentist may place a few self-dissolving stitches to close the gingival margins in the extraction area properly.
After a tooth is extracted, the healing process usually takes a few days. There are a few instructions that are required to follow to minimize any discomfort, reduce the risk of infection, and speed up recovery.
- Pain relievers should be used as prescribed.
- It is necessary to bite the gauze firmly but gently over the gauze.
- Applying an ice pack to the affected area immediately after the treatment is helpful to prevent swelling.
- It is necessary to rest for at least 24 hours after the treatment and limit activities to be performed for the next day or two.
- After extraction, soft foods should be consumed, and as the extracted area heals, solid foods should be gradually introduced. Smoking should be avoided during the healing process to accelerate recovery.
- In addition to brushing the teeth and tongue, flossing should be continued by staying away from the extracted area.
NOTE: The initial recovery period after tooth extraction usually takes one to two weeks. In this process, new bone and gingival tissue grow in the opened cavity.
However, missing a tooth can cause the remaining teeth to change over time, affecting biting and making chewing difficult. For this reason, the dentist may recommend supporting the missing tooth or teeth with an implant, fixed bridge, or denture.
Are there any Complications?
The treatment has no severe complications. There are some, which will be subsided in a few days.
- Minimal pain.
- Light bleeding.
Tooth Extraction Cost:
There are some factors that will impact the real price of the method, for instance, the number of teeth extracted, the dental surgeon’s experience, clinic location, and level. Thus, the doctor will determine the actual cost of the treatment after the initial consultation.
However, the standard cost of Dental Extraction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah ranges from AED 300 to AED 1800.
A Goodbye to the Damaged Tooth!
If tooth pain is affecting your health, then get yourself booked right away. We assure to provide you with the best and the most effective treatment that will sort out all your concerns. So without thinking any further, fill out the below form!