A full crown of hair is a confidence booster for individuals. But the problem starts when their crown starts to recede. There are many factors causing hair loss. Genetics, aging, diet, and, last but not least, medication are all factors to consider. But the primary cause of hair loss is frequently overlooked. One of the most prevalent types of hair loss is traction alopecia. It can happen by wearing tight hairstyles for a lengthy period. But if left untreated, it can cause permanent hair loss. Now it is time to control hair loss. If you are searching for Does Hair Transplant Work for Traction Alopecia in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah? Yes, it can help them regain their hair. The treatments can also prevent hair loss.
What is Traction Alopecia?
Hair loss because of pulled hairstyles is a “traction alopecia.” Our hair consists of tens of thousands of follicles. That goes through many stages of development. The exogen phase, during which follicles are shed, is a part of that cycle. We lose 50–100 follicles per day on average. When there is a significant amount of hair loss, there is an underlying cause. Breakage, followed by permanent hair loss in specific areas. It can happen because of the repetitive tension. That is induced by these specific hair procedures.
Traction alopecia is more common in African American women and certain males. But it can affect anyone. Specific haircuts that induce strain around the hairline are the primary cause. But the following are the major causes:
- Braids, cornrows, ponytails, and other tight hairstyles.
- That pull on the hair can cause traction alopecia.
- The use of hair extensions or weaves can also induce traction alopecia.
- Chemical treatments, such as relaxers and hot oil treatments, can cause it.
Traction alopecia is a form of hair loss because of the constant tension on the hair follicles. It is critical to recognise the signs of traction alopecia. It will help to opt for a solution before it spreads. The following are the most prevalent symptoms:
- Hair loss in distinct regions is one of the first indicators of traction alopecia.
- You may notice thinning hair in certain locations.
- If it worsens, you may see your hairline receding or moving back from your brow.
- It can induce scalp irritation and inflammation.
- This can cause redness, irritation, and soreness.
- Tiny white lumps around hair follicles are another symptom of traction alopecia.
- You may detect little white bumps surrounding the hair follicles.
- This shows that your hair is damaged and may fall out.
If you have any of these symptoms, you must seek treatment. To prevent further hair damage. A dermatologist or hair restoration specialist can diagnose traction alopecia. And also propose a treatment plan.
A physical examination of the scalp and hair will help to diagnose traction alopecia. Your doctor may inquire about your hair care routine. And also any previous hair treatments or styles. That may have the reason for the strain in your hair. The following steps are involved in the diagnosis:
- Your doctor will inspect your scalp and hair for symptoms of hair loss.
- They will also examine the scalp for symptoms of inflammation or irritation.
- Your doctor will inquire about your hair care routine.
- They may also inquire about any underlying medical disorders.
- That might be a cause of the symptoms.
- The expert will also do a hair pull test, which involves yanking on a tiny bit of hair.
- This test can help to check the level of hair loss.
- And whether it is the result of traction alopecia or something else.
- Your doctor may recommend a scalp biopsy in some circumstances.
- A sample of skin and hair from the affected area will be examined under a microscope.
- Your doctor may also prescribe blood tests to rule out medical disorders.
Many treatment options can control this type of hair loss. But as we know, not everyone can opt for an invasive method. We also have noninvasive treatments. So the following are the main options:
Non-Surgical Traction Alopecia Treatments:
There are various non-surgical therapies available for traction alopecia. These procedures are helpful in encouraging hair growth. And also decreases hair loss without requiring surgery.
- Minoxidil drugs are effective in treating hair loss.
- It promotes hair development by boosting blood flow to the hair follicles.
- Finasteride is an orally administered prescription medicine.
- It works by inhibiting the synthesis of DHT, a hormone that can cause hair loss.
Low-Level Laser Therapy:
- LLLT is a non-invasive treatment for minor indications.
- This uses low-level lasers to encourage hair growth.
- The laser light is absorbed by the hair follicles.
- It results in increased blood flow and hair growth.
- This treatment can encourage hair development.
- It helps increase blood flow to the hair follicles.
- This can be done with or without the use of products that promote hair growth.
Surgical Traction Alopecia Treatments:
Invasive solutions may be the best option for people looking for a permanent cure. These procedures help to regrow hair. While also providing long-term results. The following are the main options:
It is the most effective treatment for traction alopecia. Hair Transplant in Dubai is available in the most effective types. But the following are most appealing:
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT):
- FUT is a surgical hair restoration treatment.
- In which a strip of hair is removed from the rear of the scalp.
- And transplanted to the afflicted area.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
- FUE is a newer surgical hair restoration method.
- In which individual hair follicles are extracted from the back of the scalp.
- And transplanted to the afflicted area.
Scalp Reduction Surgery:
The procedure entails removing the problematic portions of the scalp. And bringing the remaining hair-bearing scalp together. This can help hide hair loss and improve the of appearance of the scalp.
Does Hair Transplant Work for Traction Alopecia?
Yes, hair transplantation can be an effective option for traction alopecia. Because this surgery entails extracting hair follicles from the scalp’s donor area. And it is transferring them to the afflicted area. This can aid in the restoration of hair growth and the look of the scalp. It is critical to remember that the treatment is effective for mild to severe levels. It is treatable with non-surgical techniques. Including hair medicines and laser therapy in its early phases. Before receiving a hair transplant. It is also critical to address the underlying cause of the problem. This includes avoiding hairstyles that place undue strain on the hair follicles. And allowing the damaged area to recover and regrow hair on its own.
The Cost of a Hair Transplant for Traction Alopecia in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah is affordable. It ranges from AED 7000 to AED 14,000. These costs are not constant because they depend on a variety of circumstances. The following factors can change the expenses:
- The expertise of the doctor.
- The condition of the applicants.
- The location of the clinic.
- The selection of the procedure.
- Anesthesia and other medical expenses.
Why Chooses Us?
The Enfield Royal Clinic in Dubai is the best place for hair restoration therapy. Their experts specialize in diagnosing profound hair loss. And is known for innovative procedures that are cost-effective. And offer interest-free payment plans. Fill out the form below to get your first free consultation.
Dr Abdul Majeed Makkiya
1999 -2021 - Highly qualified cosmetic surgeon with 20+ years of experience. Passionate about helping others.View Profile
Dr. Dina Elyamani
Dr. Dina Elyamani is one of the leading Aesthetic General Physician in Dubai with a vast range of experience in the field...View Profile
Dr. Sannia Awais
A dedicated esthetician who is committed to the highest standards of excellence - always striving to achieve the very...View Profile