We often hear Beauty comes in different shapes and sizes. It’s true! When it comes to good looks, every minute detail counts. Appearance is always the most exposed part of our personality but a charming smile goes a long way. A good laugh defines a confident and powerful persona. However, many people are afraid to laugh comfortably in public places because of the embarrassment, they think; might be caused due to an unpleasant smile.
Did you know there are various that can help you get the confidence that is required? Ever wondered which is suitable for me? Can I afford it? Yes, you can! Let us enlighten you to get the knowledge you need in order to achieve a pleasant smile.
There are many Different Types Of Braces in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah available today. The common and most effective ones are;
- Metal braces.
- Ceramic braces.
- Self-ligating braces.
- Lingual braces.
- Clear Aligners.
Braces are designed to straighten the teeth and move them together, eliminating every gap or flaw. The sole purpose of all types of braces, regardless of the period of time each one takes in showing improvements, produces the same outcome; a perfect smile!
The orthodontist always examines the condition of your teeth first. They will then suggest the essential information you need in order to make a decision regarding the type of braces that suits you the best. You also have the choice to select the one that is pocket friendly for you. Then comes the basic services for your teeth and the installation of your desired braces.
The treatment for installing your desired braces can be divided into three basic stages.
- Planning: this is where your dentist introduces you to the variety of options available. They advise you according to the health and structure of your teeth.
- The Active phase: your preferred braces are placed and adjusted respectively. The dentist will then assist you with further guidance and sessions that are required to help you achieve the results you fancy.
- The Retention: your braces are removed when the treatment is complete. This procedure can only be done by an expert unlike the Clear-Aligners, which are permitted to be removed with the permission of your dentist. The removal of brackets-based braces is easier to discard. The wire supporting each tooth will be gently cut off without causing any pain. It’s a simple process, after which you will be given further instructions.
You will be advised to take extra care of your newly transformed teeth by using medicated toothpaste and mouthwash prescribed to you by your dentist. It will be a lot easier to floss daily and brush regularly after every meal. However, be gentle around your upper teeth area, as your gums might still be sore. You might notice a slight discoloration on your teeth’s enamel, nothing to worry about! Regular cleansing will fade away the dull stains over time.
It is also important to avoid biting and chewing on hard textures and crunchy food. You are advised to opt for softer meals for a few weeks.
Following are the advantages of the different types of braces.
- Metal braces; help align crooked teeth. A small metal bracket is glued to every tooth and attached together with an elastic wire, providing the right delicate force; to push them together to form a parallel set of healthy-looking teeth.
- Ceramic braces; unlike metal braces, appear whiter on your teeth. Therefore, they are also known as clear braces. The purpose of ceramic braces is to straighten your unattached teeth together without being too obvious for a faraway person to notice their existence. They also consist of brackets too, each one carefully fixed onto the surface and secured with an elastic wire.
- Self-ligating braces; are attached to your teeth the same way as the two mentioned above, however, these braces are not connected with the same wires, instead, the archwires are used to guide your teeth into place. This reduces the level of pressure and minimizes the number of adjustments that are placed on every individual tooth.
- Lingual braces; are the hidden braces. The reason is that they are fixed to the back of your teeth near your tongue area. This method is also great for those who wish to attain a happy smile with an invisible approach.
- Clear aligners; are transparent braces that are used to correct the misalignment of your teeth. They are indeed similar to all the other braces in terms of providing the same outcome. However, they work in a different manners. These are custom-made braces, easy to remove and be placed back on your own. Continuous wearing for 20-22 hours straight will show the best results. You may even take them off and brush your teeth normally before putting them back on.
Book a Consultation
If you wish to learn more about Different Types of Braces in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah, fill in the form below to book a consultation with our friendly team.