Melasma is one of the most common skin issues faced by many. It is mostly found in women than men but men suffer equally from it as women do. It not only affects the physical appearance but also badly affect the confidence of people by staining their faces and body. There are multiple different reasons and Causes of Melasma in Females and Males in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. You can have the best treatment with us at Enfield Royal Laser Treatments Clinic in Dubai.
What is Melasma?
It is a very common skin ailment marked by the emergence of uneven, symmetrical pigmentation that ranges in color from light to dark brown and is associated with sun-exposed regions, particularly on the face. Melasma can afflict people of all ethnicities and genders, however, it is more prevalent in women. However, melasma has a similar detrimental impact on men’s quality living as it does on women.
Causes Of Melasma:
Sun exposure and its UV rays are the major causes of melasma. Hormonal changes, such as those that happen during pregnancy or with the use of specific drugs, such as birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy, may further raise the chance of developing melasma. Other potential melasma causes include:
- Genetics: Because melasma frequently runs in families, you may be at increased risk for developing it if a family member already has the illness.
- Skin irritancy or injury: Melasma can occasionally be brought on by skin irritancy or damage, such as a burn or rash.
- Cosmetics: The use of particular skincare and beauty items might cause skin irritation and result in melasma.
- Other health issues: A number of health issues, including thyroid illness and Addison’s disease, might raise the chance of getting melasma.
- Use sunscreen on a daily basis as the rays from the sun is one of the basic reason for melasma creation.
- Scratching or picking at your skin might aggravate it and perhaps make melasma worse.
- Wearing protective gear, such as caps, long sleeves, and sunglasses, as well as applying sunscreen to your skin will help to protect it from the sun’s rays.
- Abrasive or harsh skin care products should be avoided since they might irritate the skin and perhaps make melasma worse.
- Choose mild, hypoallergenic products instead.
- Certain medicines, including some anti-inflammatory drugs and birth control pills, can cause or exacerbate melasma.
- Speak with your healthcare practitioner if you are taking any drugs and are worried about how they may affect your skin.
- Melasma can look better thanks to chemical peels, which exfoliate the top layers of skin using a solution.
- The skin’s top layer is removed during laser treatment, which also increases collagen formation. It can be costly and may need numerous treatments, but it might be useful in treating melasma.
- During microdermabrasion, the skin is softly sanded to remove the top layers and promote the formation of collagen. Although it could need more than one session, it might be successful in treating melasma.
Book A Free Consultation!
Book your free consultation by having this treatment done with us at Enfield Royal Clinic in Dubai. Fill out the consultation form mentioned below to let the concerned department get back to your queries regarding the Causes of Melasma in Females and Males in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah as well as to arrange an appointment with an expert dermatologist.