Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder is a disorder of the jaw muscles and the temporomandibular joint, which connects the jaw to the skull. Symptoms of TMJ disorder include pain and tenderness in the jaw, face, neck, and shoulders; difficulty chewing; clicking, popping, or grating noises when opening and closing the mouth; and limited movement or locking of the jaw. Multiple different types of treatments are done for the purpose of treating TMJ out of which are metal braces but the question is Can Metal Braces Help with TMJ in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah?
What are Metal Braces?
A type of brace that contains steel brackets and wires is known as metal braces. They are the most common type of braces. They are made of high-grade stainless steel. They are more visible than other types of braces, but they are the most effective. They are also the least expensive type of braces.
How Do Metal Braces Help with TMJ?
Metal braces can help with TMJ by gently moving the teeth and jaws into a more balanced position. This can reduce the tension and strain on the muscles and joints of the jaw, allowing them to relax and reducing the symptoms of TMJ. Additionally, metal braces can help to fix any misalignments in the jaw that may be contributing to the TMJ.
The cost of having metal braces is a bit varying because the need also varies from person to person and condition to condition. According to an estimate, the cost for Metal Braces ranges from AED 4,999 to AED 14,999 depending upon the age, condition, and expectation of the client. You can get free information by having a call to us at Enfield Royal Clinic in Dubai.
- After every meal, brush your teeth. It’s crucial to brush your teeth after meals to get rid of plaque and food bits that might lodge in your braces.
- Use mouthwash to rinse your mouth twice each day. A fluoride mouthwash can help keep your teeth and gums healthy and prevent cavities.
- Avoid meals that are chewy, crunchy, sticky, and firm. Sticky meals can get trapped in your braces and hard, crunchy foods might harm your braces.
- Regularly see your orthodontist. It’s crucial to get regular checkups to make sure your braces are functioning correctly.
- Always floss. Plaque, food fragments, and germs are all removed from your teeth and braces with the aid of flossing.
- As instructed by your orthodontist, wear your retainer. After your braces have been taken off, retainers assist in maintaining your teeth in their new position.
Book A Consultation!
Book a consultation with Enfield Royal General Dentistry Clinic in Dubai and get all of your queries cleared about Can Metal Braces Help with TMJ by filling out the consultation form mentioned below as well you can give us a call at +971 4333 0708.