Cleft lip and palate surgery in Dubai is performed to close the separation in the lip and to provide a more normal function, structure, and appearance to the upper lip. We are providing surgical solutions at very reasonable prices.
It is one of the most common facial deformities found in inborn children affecting worldwide. It involves the incomplete formation of the upper lip – cleft lip or roof of the mouth – cleft palate. Both the conditions may occur individually or together at a time. Cleft lip and palate surgery in Dubai is playing a diverse role in repairing these defects. The surgical procedure depends on the severity of the condition and treats one or both the sides of the mouth.
Results and Benefits:
Having years of experience in cosmetic surgery, Royal Clinic brings about very natural-looking results. The surgery joins and corrects enough tissues and lip in the mouth area properly. A narrow opening or gap separating two sides of the upper lip is surgically corrected with improved ability to speak, breathe and eat. The scars located on normal contours of face will always be present for life.
- Enhances facial functionality
- Transforms aesthetic appearance
- Removes visible signs of cleft palate
- Relieves from all pain and discomfort
- Improves speaking and eating abilities
- Increases lost self-confidence and self-esteem
- Corrects deformity of lip and nose caused by cleft
Who Is Candidate?
Male and female genders with any degree of cleft lip and palate surgery can be selected for candidacy. You are a suitable candidate for the surgery if:
- You are in good overall health
- Your speech is not clear by birth
- You are between 6-12 months of age
- You have realistic expectations for surgery
- You want to refine the appearance of lip
- You want to improve the functionality of the mouth
Aim of Treatment:
Cleft lip and palate surgery aim to help the patients in swallowing, breathing, eating and speaking by closing abnormal opening between mouth and nose. Besides this, the treatment is also coming forward with the major goal of correcting the development and functionality of associated structures of the mouth.
Technique We Use:
The surgery can be challenging since only some surgeons have extensive experience performing this specialized procedure. Treatment is individualized to each patient. One child with cleft lip and palate may under different types of surgical procedures than the other child. The time needed to carry out cleft lip palate surgery depends on the severity of cleft and health of the baby. Steps involved are:
- A child is administered under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. This will be selected by the surgeon after executing the severity of the cleft.
- Anesthesia is applied so that the patient doesn’t feel any kind of discomfort during the surgery.
- Incisions are created on the sides of cleft and drawn together for closing the cleft. This creates a typical anatomy of the nose and lip.
- Following the procedure, muscles and tissues of hard d soft palate are repositioned to rebuild the roof of the mouth.
- Once the cleft has repaired, the surgeon uses absorbable or removable sutures for closing off the incisions.
Parents are requested to show much care for their children. Your baby is restricted to move hands on treated areas as it can disturb the healing process. Sutures for closing incisions dissolve themselves or require removal within 5 days. A visible scar will be left behind after the surgery which appears red, swollen or bruised. It fades as the child gets older. During the first few months scar shrinks pulling the lip back and it can take years to settle into final appearance.
Schedule A Free Consultation:
If you or your child has a congenital deformity, visit Enfield Royal Clinic in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for knowing about treatment options. Our expert surgeon in collaboration with the team performs cleft palate and cleft lip surgery under general or sedation anesthesia to rebuild the mouth and create a more attractive facial appearance. To book your appointment, fill in the consultation form.